BTS and “Produce 101 Season 2” have been two of the hottest topics in Korean on Twitter so far this year!
On July 12, Twitter Korea released a list of the Top Keywords for the first half of the year ending on June 30, based on an analysis of data generated by Korean users. The keywords are divided into three categories: Social, Music, and TV/Film.
The “Social” category was largely dominated by discussions about the recent election in Korea as well as controversies surrounding former president Park Geun Hye and the events leading up to her impeachment. “Presidential election” came in first, the current president Moon Jae In followed in second, and blacklist came in third.
1. Presidential election
The “Music” category was topped by BTS, with EXO ranking second and Red Velvet coming in third. Check out the full top 10 below:
“Produce 101 Season 2” was the most-used keyword in the TV/Film category according to Twitter Korea, with “New Journey to the West” taking the second spot and Japanese animated film Your Name coming in third.
1. “Produce 101 Season 2” (Mnet show)
2. “New Journey to the West” (tvN show)
4. “Fantastic Duo 2” (SBS show)
6. “Ask Us Anything” (JTBC show)
7. “The Last 48 Hours of My Life” (tvN show)
8. “High School Rapper” (Mnet show)
9. “Infinite Challenge” (MBC show)
10. “Let’s Eat Dinner Together” (JTBC show)
Were you surprised by any of the topics that made the lists?