TVXQ, IU, B1A4 and more in this week's Oricon rankings
Still waiting for the summer season and its releases, there haven't been that many Korean artists revealing new material in Japan. Earlier today though, IU's second single was revealed in Japan, selling enough to get to a 4th place on its first day rankings on Oricon.
In the weekly single release chart, TVXQ's "Android" took the top spot, having sold 152,412 copies since its release one week ago.
The daily album rankings, on the other hand, feature a special edition album of B1A4, who revealed their "Ignition" release in Japan with extras. At the same time, the weekly album list featured two Korean releases, and no new Japanese albums. Super Junior's "Sexy, Free & Single", together with T-ara's "Day by Day", took the 5th and 28th place respectively.
Releases for the next weeks include releases by U-Kiss (07/25), MYNAME (07/25), SHU-I (07/25), Wonder Girls (07/25), The Boss (08/01), CNBLUE (08/01), A-Jax (08/08), FT ISLAND (08/08), 2AM (08/08), Secret (22/08), 4minute (22/08), Boyfriend (22/08), GUYZ (22/08),...and many more!
04. IU - You & I (07/18)
13. TVXQ - Android (07/11)
17. Girls' Generation - Paparazzi (06/27)
30. Kim Hyunjoong - HEAT (07/04)
01. TVXQ - Android (07/11) 152,412 copies
08. Girls' Generation - Paparazzi (06/27) 9,547 copies
09. Kim Hyunjoong - HEAT (07/04) 6,916 copies
10. One Day (2AM + 2PM) - One Day (07/04) 6,094 copies
19. B1A4 - The B1A4 | Ignition Japan Special Edition (07/18)
05. Super Junior - Sexy, Free & Single (07/06) 17,175 copies (Korean Release)
22. Big Bang - Alive (03/28) 4,075 copies
28. T-ara - Day by Day (07/09) 3,215 copies (Korean Release)
31. T-ara - Jewelry Box (06/06) 2,788 copies
Source: Single (Daily & Weekly), Album (Daily & Weekly)
Foo Fighters, The Chemical Brothers & Noel Gallagher to Descend on Korea for "Ansan M Valley Rock Festival"
CJ E&M”s Must-see Event Will Take Place on July 24-26 in Ansan, Korea Award-winning rock bands and artists, such as Foo Fighters, The Chemical Brothers, Noel Gallagher, Motorhead and Deadmau5, will excite tens of thousands of fans this summer at the popular Ansan M Valley Rock Festival, organized by Asia”s leading content and media company CJ E&M. . ... Read more