Another month has passed and another series of Japanese releases by Korean artists went on sale. Oricon compiled a list of all sales numbers of the past month, showing the full sales of the releases since their release date till the end of the month. (The charts include the sales starting May 7th till June 3rd.)
The first Korean artist to show up in the single ranking for May is Super Junior. The group managed to sell 177,448 copies of their single "Opera", making it to the 5th spot in the monthly Oricon chart. SHINee's Sherlock followed on a 9th place with 60,148 copies sold. "Lovey Dovey", T-ara's latest single, made it to the 24th position, followed by Supernova's Japanese version of "Stupid Love", which got to the 28th place. JUNO's single "Everything" closes the releases by Korean artists on a 46th spot.
In the album rankings actor and singer Jang Geunsuk takes the highest ranking for a Korean artist on the 5th place with the release of "Just Crazy", his first full length album. The album sold 88,009 since its release on May 30th. Second on the list is FT Island who released their second full length album "20[twenty]" and sold 46,059 copies, getting them a 7th place on the rankings. Following them are the Korean releases of Taetiseo, Xia and Infinite, which got to the 16th, 18th and 32rd places respectively.
Releases for June include F.Cuz, Secret, ZE:A member Minwoo's project group 3Peace☆Lovers, B1A4's debut and many more.
05. Super Junior - Opera (05/09) 177,448 copies
09. SHINee - Sherlock (05/16) 60,148 copies
24. T-ara - Lovey Dovey (05/23) 23,263 copies
28. Supernova - Stupid Love/Come Back to Me (05/16) 17,470 copies
46. JUNO - Everything (05/16) 11,646 copies
05. Jang Geunsuk - Just Crazy (05/30) 88,009 copies
07. FT Island - 20[twenty] (05/16) 46,059 copies
16. Taetiseo - Twinkle (05/10) 20,883 copies [Korean Release]
18. Xia - Tarantallegra (05/20) 18,166 copies [Korean Release]
32. Infinite - Infinitize (05/21) 9,357 [Korean Release]
34. Big Bang - Alive (03/28) 9,152 copies
46. KARA - Super Girl (11/23) 7,512 copies
Source: Singles and Albums