April 25th, 2012 by Oh! Kpop
Hong Seok-cheon talks of possible split with boyfriend
- Korea’s only openly gay comedian reveals split with boyfriend
- Boyfriend to woo Japanese fans
- Hosts chosen for transgender show
- Hong Seok-cheon says he’s not a transgender
- Wonder Girls’ Ye Eun breaks up with her boyfriend
Korea’s prominent openly-gay celebrity Hong Seok-cheon revealed that his relationship with current boyfriend was on the rocks.
On an episode of JTBC’s “Park Kyeong-rim‘s Oh! Happy Day” to be aired on April 25, Hong said he regretted having talked about his boyfriend publicly.
“After his identity was revealed, he feels as if he is being watched. It’s gotten to a point where I’m wondering whether I should let him go”, said Hong of his twenty-something boyfriend.
“Regardless, even if I were to break up with him, he will be the center of attention again, so it’s a dilemma”.
Hong also took the opportunity to say that Korean society was still a lot behind when it came to accepting homosexuality.
By Carla Sunwoo