TVXQ, KARA, IU, Lee Seunggi and more in Oricon's monthly charts for March
With so many releases by Korean artists in Japan every month, the monthly rankings are filled with albums and singles. The charts for the month of March aren't any different, as over 10 different artists are included.
The monthly single rankings show TVXQ's "Still" on the 3rd spot, with 126,975 copies sold. KARA follows at the 6th place, while Super Junior's Donghae & Eunhyuk can be found on the 10th. IU and Lee Seunggi's debut singles sold enough to get them to the 23rd and 26th places respectively, leaving Supernova's leader Yoonhak and The Boss at a 31st and 38th spot. Girl group Rainbow charted 41st with "Gonna Gonna Go!".
March's album rankings show us Big Bang at the 7th spot, closely followed by 2PM's "Best" album on a 16th spot. Jang Geunsuk and Big Brother's Team H were left at a 18th place. Big Bang labelmates 2NE1 got to the 22nd position, whereas After School's "Playgirlz" brought them to the 28th. Big Bang's Korean version of "Alive" also charted on the 33rd, just above Rainbow's first full length on the 37th spot. SHINee's "Sherlock" Koreann mini album closes the chart on the 50th place.
Releases for the April charts include SHU-I, 2AM, Infinite, FT Island, Lee Seunggi, Chi Chi and more!
03. TVXQ - STILL (03/14) 156,150 copies
06. KARA - Speed Up/Girls Power (03/21) 126,975 copies
10. Super Junior Donghae & Eunhyuk - Oppa Oppa (04/04) 68,475 copies
23. IU - Good Day (03/21) 27,566 copies
26. Lee Seunggi - Alone in Love (03/06) 25,741 copies
31. Yoonhak from Supernova - Alone (03/21) 20,853 copies
38. The Boss - Jumping (03/28) 17,597 copies
41. Rainbow - Gonna Gonna Go! (03/14) 16,544 copies
42. T-ara - Roly-Poly (02/29) 16,247 copies
07. Big Bang - Alive (03/28) 66,043 copies
16. 2PM - 2PM BEST ~2008-2011 in Korea~ (03/14) 35,229 copies
18. Team H - Loung H the first impression (03/21) 32,739 copies
22. 2NE1 - COLLECTION (03/28) 27,404 copies
28. After School - PLAYGIRLZ (03/14) 22,737 copies
33. Big Bang - Alive (02/29) 20,478 copies (Korean Release)
37. Rainbow - Over the Rainbow (03/28) 17,364 copies
40. Girls' Generation - Girls' Generation (06/01) 16,360 copies
50. SHINee - Sherlock (03/23) 13,737 copies
２ＰＭ ＢＥＳＴ ～２００８－２０１１ ｉｎ Ｋｏｒｅａ～
Source: Monthly (Singles & Albums)
Queen of K-Pop, BoA, appeared on “Yoo Hee Yeol”s Sketchbook” on May 29 and showed how hard she had worked on her latest album, “Kiss My Lips.”
She said, “This year is actually a very meaningful year. I wanted to create music that could be a special gift for not only me but also to my fans. That”s why I thought to myself, “Should I try writing all [the songs]?” and that”s really what ended up happening. I came home in regret and kept kicking my blanket. Like that, I wrote about 20 songs starting in June last year. I was able to really study a lot.” . ... Read more
(Photo : KBS )
On May 29, the Korean outlet Star Today published a report which bore the title, “Is IU really that bad at acting.” In the article, the writer examined the complexity of the singer-songwriter”s dramatic performance in “Producer.” The series places the acting idol up against critically acclaimed actors Kim Soo Hyun, Gong Hyo and Cha Tae Hyun. While their roles require emotional range, IU portrays Cindy, an emotionally aloof K-pop idol and former child star. . ... Read more
Rainbow”s Seung Ah is looking super sexy as a tough biker girl in “Esquire.”
Posing with a large motorcycle for the photo shoot concept, Seung Ah shows off her glamorous figure in low-cut leather jackets, tight leggings, midriff-baring tops, and hot pants. Her legs are long and slim and she even pulls off helmets with her enviable profile. . ... Read more
Park Seo Joon recently disclosed that he is open to taking on the role of a gay character.
In a recent interview with Newsen, Park Seo Joon discussed his “ambiguous relationship” with co-star Choi Daniel in his first screen debut, “The Chronicles of Evil.” The actor explained, “Rather than having special feelings for [Choi Daniel”s character], I might have been thinking more about using him.” In the movie, Choi Daniel appears as Jin Gyu, one of Park”s accomplices, and the two exchange feelings that are best described as “more than just friends but not quite lovers.” The two characters never actually come in contact with each other in the film, leaving something to be desired. . ... Read more