TVXQ, KARA, IU, Lee Seunggi and more in Oricon's monthly charts for March
- Akdong Musician Tops 8 Different Charts!
- TVXQ Changmin's 'Mimi' Drama To Release In 30 Japanese Theaters This May
- ‘K-Pop Star’ Contestants Wage War On Music Charts
With so many releases by Korean artists in Japan every month, the monthly rankings are filled with albums and singles. The charts for the month of March aren’t any different, as over 10 different artists are included.
The monthly single rankings show TVXQ‘s “Still” on the 3rd spot, with 126,975 copies sold. KARA follows at the 6th place, while Super Junior’s Donghae & Eunhyuk can be found on the 10th. IU and Lee Seunggi‘s debut singles sold enough to get them to the 23rd and 26th places respectively, leaving Supernova’s leader Yoonhak and The Boss at a 31st and 38th spot. Girl group Rainbow charted 41st with “Gonna Gonna Go!”.
March’s album rankings show us Big Bang at the 7th spot, closely followed by 2PM‘s “Best” album on a 16th spot. Jang Geunsuk and Big Brother’s Team H were left at a 18th place. Big Bang labelmates 2NE1 got to the 22nd position, whereas After School‘s “Playgirlz” brought them to the 28th. Big Bang‘s Korean version of “Alive” also charted on the 33rd, just above Rainbow’s first full length on the 37th spot. SHINee‘s “Sherlock” Koreann mini album closes the chart on the 50th place.
03. TVXQ – STILL (03/14) 156,150 copies
06. KARA – Speed Up/Girls Power (03/21) 126,975 copies
10. Super Junior Donghae & Eunhyuk – Oppa Oppa (04/04) 68,475 copies
23. IU – Good Day (03/21) 27,566 copies
26. Lee Seunggi – Alone in Love (03/06) 25,741 copies
31. Yoonhak from Supernova – Alone (03/21) 20,853 copies
38. The Boss – Jumping (03/28) 17,597 copies
41. Rainbow – Gonna Gonna Go! (03/14) 16,544 copies
42. T-ara – Roly-Poly (02/29) 16,247 copies
07. Big Bang – Alive (03/28) 66,043 copies
16. 2PM – 2PM BEST ~2008-2011 in Korea~ (03/14) 35,229 copies
18. Team H – Loung H the first impression (03/21) 32,739 copies
22. 2NE1 – COLLECTION (03/28) 27,404 copies
28. After School – PLAYGIRLZ (03/14) 22,737 copies
33. Big Bang – Alive (02/29) 20,478 copies (Korean Release)
37. Rainbow – Over the Rainbow (03/28) 17,364 copies
40. Girls’ Generation – Girls’ Generation (06/01) 16,360 copies
50. SHINee – Sherlock (03/23) 13,737 copies
２ＰＭ ＢＥＳＴ ～２００８－２０１１ ｉｎ Ｋｏｒｅａ～
Source: Monthly (Singles & Albums)
Akdong Musician Tops 8 Different Charts!
Brother and sister group Akdong Musician have recently topped 8 different charts! Their first title track "200%", off their debut album PLAY, has reached the #1 spot in national charts such as Melon, Mnet, Bugs, Ole, Soribada, Naver Music, Daum Music and Genie. On Monkey the duo ranked #3 while in Cyworld they snatched #2. Ever since the release of PLAY on April 7, the debut album has achieved an all kill on all national online music charts...
TVXQ Changmin's 'Mimi' Drama To Release In 30 Japanese Theaters This May
TVXQ Changmin, who played the lead role in the drama, "Mimi," will be releasing in 30 theaters around Japan. On April 18, local Japan media stated that this drama, which aired in Korea this past February and March for a total of 4 episodes, would be edited and revised to release as a movie in Japan. It will play in Japan on May 9 and 16 in 30 theaters around Japan. This movie also added on the already popular group, TVXQ, as well...
‘K-Pop Star’ Contestants Wage War On Music ChartsTags : 2AM, 2NE1, 2PM, After School, Big Bang, Chi Chi, debut, FT Island, Infinite, Japan, KARA, Korean, Rainbow, SHINee, Super Junior, Supernova, T-Ara, The Boss yunho tvxq catch me yunho tvxq 2013 yunho tvxq 2012 yunho tvxq yoon eun hye march 2013 tvxq yunho catch me TVXQ Yunho 2013 tvxq yunho 2012 tvxq yunho tvxq wallpaper 2012
(Photo : YG) Bernard Park is the winner of "K-Pop Star 3," and in the last broadcast of the season, all eyes were on the victor to see which agency he would choose. He chose JYP Entertainment, the same agency as Park Ji Min, victor of the 1st season. Although the show didn"t have an explosive popularity, it"s been met with a steady interest. After the final broadcast of the 3rd season, a hot competition is unfolding on music charts between the main participants of the show...