Top 10 Best Kpop Girl Groups
girls generation, 2ne1, sistar, kara, f-x, wonder girls, miss a, secret, brown eyed girls, 4minute
Every Kpop fan has their favorite group, and for those who are really very familiar with Kpop, they even have favorite groups in each genre. Here's a fun list of Top 10 Kpop groups based on popularity of recent performance.
10. SECRET managed by TS Entertainment made it to the Top 10 due to their recent comeback. From being cute they transformed themselves to sexy goddesses and made a catchy impression.
9. Brown Eyed Girls Compared to the average age of a typical girl group member, Brown Eyed Girls are more the big-sister girl idols. But they remain unfettered by negative comments, and has proven time and again that sexiness is not defined by consistently fierce performances, and not by age.
8. 4MINUTE quickly rose to the charts as they kept pushing the Kpop envelope making hot issues and making sure that Kpop fans will never have to ask them "What's your name?".
7. Wonder Girls made the girl group idol phenomenon what it is, as they pushed the Hallyu wave overseas with "Nobody" from years ago. While out of the limelight due to solo pursuits, these girls are not yet nobodies. Need proof? Their single, "Tell Me" has recenltly been crowned the best Kpop idol track of all time. Well-deserved.
6. Miss A, following Wonder Girls' footstep while making their own mark makes it ahead at the sixth spot. It surely does help that their music is catchy, and of course the fact that the "nation's first love" is part of the team. Adding to that, the nation's first love has power vocals.
5. f(x) has the competitive formula. Rising to the front of the Kpop girl group leadership status, f(x) has been attracting international attention, recently being featured in SXSW and also collaborating with Anna Kendrick's video humor website 'Funny or Die'
4.KARA Definitely knows how to stay relevant. Way over and past the scandals that plagued them against their management company and moving on to better things and to become better artists, KARA remains to be a permanent face of Kpop for international fans.
3.SISTAR is a KPop girl group in rapid ascent. With their sultry steps and dominant vocals, they are out there to make their solid mark in Kpop as well. They will be coming back soon with "Give It To Me".
2. 2NE1 is comfortable and secure at number 2. With their expected world-class performances and much anticipated comebacks whether solo or as a group, these four women can surely dominate.
1. Girls' Generation. You expected them to be in this position, didn't you? There is no other spot for these 9 girls but #1. They are very active in the scene with their solo endorsements, dramas, musicals and now an upcoming world tour. Kpop is definitely in a girls' generation.
Who else do you think should be in this list?
Seolhyun confirmed to act alongside Yeo Jin Goo and CNBLUE"s Jonghyun as a vampire in "Orange Marmalade"
AOA”s Seolhyun is now confirmed for new KBS 2TV drama “Orange Marmalade,” which will air every Friday!
A rep from “Orange Marmalade” said on March 2, “Seolhyun will be playing Baek Ma Ri, who becomes gradually more inhibited as she hides her identity to avoid the intense discrimination in a world in which humans and vampires coexist.” It will be a fantasy romance with Yeo Jin Goo and CNBLUE”s Jonghyun. . ... Read more
On the March 2nd episode of KBS” “Blood”, Ji-sang (Ahn Jae-hyeon) was chasing after his enemies who had killed his parents and became late to surgery.
While Ji-sang was scheduled to perform an liver transplant surgery, the suspicious gang appeared and he started chasing after them. At the critical moment, he received a phone call during the chase and he had to return to the hospital. . ... Read more
On March 2, singer and TV personality Eric Nam released a mysterious teaser for his upcoming track, “Okay, It”s Okay.”
The short teaser showed Eric Nam sitting in a chair as the camera pans out to a shot with a projection, showing footage of him and a girl. Eric Nam sorrowfully sings, “I won”t be crying at the thought of you anymore. I won”t wake up crying anymore either. It”s Okay,” hinting that he will be narrating the last stage of moving on after a breakup. . ... Read more
On the 13th episode of MBC”s “Shine or Go Crazy“, Yeo-won (Lee Honey) advised Sin-yul (Oh Yeon-seo) on how she could make Wang So (Jang Hyeok) go away.
Yeo-won suggested Sin-yul should be separated from Wang So, under the condition that Yeo-won would keep the wedding between Sin-yul and Wang So as a secret. As Sin-yul understood Yeo-won”s intention, Sin-yul said she would cut him off. . ... Read more
Pictures from Lee Jong Suk”s recent pictorial with magazine “Marie Claire” were released which took place in Los Angeles, California.
Lee Jong Suk is seen dressed in casual and comfortable outfits, bringing out his adorable puppy-like charms. The actor is also seen in a denim on denim outfit, taking it back to an early 90s vibe. . ... Read more